Circuit Court Records
Requests for copies of records and review of files can be made as indicated below.
What are the hours of operation?
8:00 am until 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays.
How can a request for records be submitted?
- In person at the address listed below
- By mail at the address listed below
- By fax at 1-608-328-9405
Green County Justice Center
2841 6th Street
Monroe, WI 53566
What are the associated costs?
- To conduct a background search on an individual or company where a case number(s) is not supplied - a $5.00 per name search fee pursuant to WI Statute 814.61(11)
- Copies of documents are $1.25 per page pursuant to WI Statute 814.61(10)
- Certified copies are $5.00 per document pursuant to WI Statute 814.61(5)
- Exemplified copies (triple seal typically for out-of-state filing) is $15.00 for the exemplification and $1.25 per page for the documents being attached.
- Postage is actual.
- See also Probate Fees.
Is prepayment of fees required?
Yes, the total cost must be paid before copies can be made. Payments can be made online at payGov.us or by check payable to Clerk of Circuit Court.
Information required when submitting a request?
- If a background search is being requested, full name of individual or company being searched
- For criminal searches, a date of birth for the subject is requested, if known
- If you are seeking copies from a case, specify what specific documents you are requesting. Provide case number(s), if known (i.e., Judgment of Conviction in 92CF12, etc.) and filed date.
- Advise us of where we are to send the documents/completed search and by what method (i.e., fax, mail or hold for pick-up, etc.)
- If possible, please include a telephone number where we can reach you in the event we need clarification on a request. An e-mail address is fine if you can be reached in that manner
We typically process requests in 1-10 business days.
*Unless sealed by the court or otherwise confidential by law, Circuit Court files and documents are open for public inspection at no cost, unless you are requesting copies in addition to the inspection of records. Cases typically available include civil, criminal, family, paternity, small claims, traffic, forfeiture ordinance, state tax liens, construction liens, hospital liens, condo liens, Probate, etc., for Green County actions only. We do not maintain records of other Circuit Courts throughout the state or established municipal courts handling their own actions.